A world beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world beyond

yeah

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Long Time Coming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 am

Liam stumbled. His knees buckled. He fell to the ground, his hat dislodging from his hand and tumbling to the pavement beside him, releasing the wave of dirty blond hair that had been matted beneath. The hat landed upside down in the pool of blood. Liam might have been regretful--mournful even--for its departure, but he was fucking starving.

When had he killed her? How? Wait. She wasn't even dead yet. Dark eyes flicked in the mortal's direction as she groaned pitifully and attempted to drag herself away from him. Fat chance. No luck there, honey. She was wounded--mortally wounded. His prey wasn't going anywhere. She was just going to leak out all of her blood for him over the old, deserted road until she died, and he was going to clean up the mess.

He was panting as he knelt in the warm, sticky mess of red she'd already created. He could taste the blood thick in the air as a single bead of sweat ran down the bridge of his nose. He wasn't a damn animal. He wasn't going to lick it off the pavement like a dog. He had more dignity.

He shouldn't have even been in this damn mess to begin with.

It was all her fault. He'd been trying to be normal for her, and look where it had gotten him. Stupid to think that he could just ignore his thirst, and it would go away without even a peep. And now all he had to show for it was her--the woman he had tried to be normal for, the human he had stupidly fallen in love with--lying, twitching, in a pool of blood. Had he torn that gap in her side? Had he punctured her flesh at her neck?

He had loved her. How could he kill her?

But who else could it have been? Liam couldn't remember anything. So long had he been denying his taste for blood that the sudden surplus of it at his hands was more than overwhelming. It was deadly. He couldn't combat it. He needed it. It made him crazy. So crazy that he couldn't remember how he'd gotten out here on this old road that twisted through the forest with her. He couldn't remember if he had been the one to kill her. All he knew was that he wanted to taste her now, and that that love--that feeble human emotion he had fleetingly felt--didn't compare to his thirst.

"L-Liam."

Her hand--bloody--reached for him. Crawling forward, he took it. She made a noise. It might have been a gurgle. There was blood pearling at the corner of her mouth. Her blood was everywhere. All over him, all over her, all over the ground, and in the air. It was maddening.

Giving a groan of defeat, Liam lifted her hand and sucked one of her fingers into his mouth, cleaning it with a hungry lick. Amy--that, was her name, he remembered now--gave a gasp. The sound clicked with something innate inside of him, something that had lied dormant for too long and was now more than ready to be released again. He released her hand.

"I'm sorry," he said suddenly, quietly, though he wasn't. Not at all.

He took her into his arms, his mind no longer the pain-ridden mass of confusion it had been seconds before. Abruptly, everything had become very clear to him. He knew what he had to do. He realized how stupid he had been. Falling in love with a human. How could he? He didn't need love.

He just needed blood.

Her head was beginning to lull back, as if she was losing the strength to hold it up, but he saw the look she gave him just before he ducked his head and burrowed his fangs into her neck to finish her off. He would never forget it.

------

He left Amy in the past that day, and knew that he would never fall into such a state of weakness again. No more love, no more emotions. Just the bare necessities, the primal needs of life. He took what he learned over centuries of an immortal life, and he used it for his own gain. Knowledge was power, power was money. And money could get him anything.

Liam pushed away from his desk, sliding out of his chair as he crossed to the window behind him. Five stories below lay the city. He was on top of everything. He was the boss of this company. He was prominent and influential in this city. Everyone respected him. People paid him just to be near them.

It was silly sometimes--the way the humans flocked to him--but he had left what humanity had remained in his vampire body at the side of the road with Amy years ago, and he had learned that, as a vampire, he had other duties. Those were to feed and to take and to rule. Grinning at his own dim reflection in the glass, Liam straightened his tie, and he wondered what the day would bring him.
Back to top Go down
firehazard
Admin
firehazard

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Sickness, it lives in everyone. It drives people to kill, steal, hurt, rape. Not everyone allows the sickness to grow, to feed, and consume. To become something more than a sick thrill in the back of the mind of the everyday man or woman. Yet some, yes some find that if they let the sickness slip out of that dark little corner of the mind its easier to live that day. For some the sickness is the only friend they have. Sickness lives in everyone even you.

Demona rolled out of the bed and into the floor with a thud. Her pillow was still on the bed but the blanket was wrapped around her tightly. " Dammit,' Demona groaned from the floor. It was never a fun wake up when your face meets the hard wood floor. Her crystal blue eyes fluttered towards the clock and the neon digits said 7:45 pm." O crap I am late." Demona fought with the blanket and rolled around until she had won the fight. " Stupid dream," She shivered, it was not like it was even a dream, it was more words that haunted her sleep.

With a few short steps Demona was in her bathroom. Nice thing about being alone small apartments in the city fit nicely when you were alone. " I look at my hair," Demona pulled at the strains of black and white that stood off her head. She looked worse but it was as if she had no sleep last night. A fast shower and makeup Demona was in her room closet diving as she called it.

Shirts littered her room from ceiling fan to under the bed, bras tossed carelessly on her lamp and bed post, pants and underwear everywhere. A tornado would be scared of the disaster Demona's room was." Ha ah I found you," She snickered as she rolled out of the closet and walked over to the mirror.

Demona had always been a shapely girl. Slender was never a word to describe her and that was okay. She liked having a chest an arse. She was athletic build over all though. She did exercise everyday and well her job made sure she was fit. Though she did grumble about that little bit of pudg on her belly. She Grabbed her White white beater and slipped it over her head. and then slide into her black leather pants. Under cover as a bar girl. She could do that. A little bit of her black bra shown through the top just enough to make a man's mind slip. She reached over and grabbed a Brownish red wig from the night stand and grimaced. She knew had to hid her hair while under cover. One having half black and half white hait makes you stand out to much, two it was her calling card od sorts.

Knock, knock

" Come in Hunter." Demona called as she started to pushed her shorter hair into the wig. A tall man lend into her room and smile.d at Demona. " Ello love," Hunter cooed in a soft french accent. Demona grinned up at him and looked him over.Hunter was about six foot. With Jade green eyes and long black hair that curled softly around his face. HIs body was pure muscle built for lifting or hand to hand combat. Her eyes lingered on his bare chest and then to his leather pants and black boots. " You look dashing tonight Hunter," she giggled." I like the topless attire."

" Hey was not my call love, I am trying to fit in with this club. Do you really think I would wear leather?" He raise his eye brow at her and crossed his arms. Though he was a tough man he was more of a camo kind of guy.

" You will be fine. So what are we going in for tonight?" Demona tossed the ass length hair around so that it fell around her naturally.

Hunter reached around to his back and brought out two files." I found two things." He stated but did not hand her the files.Demona turned to him and put her hands on her hips. " I found out that the cloud we are working in is owned by a human good for us but her lover is a vampire. So the place is calling with them. We have our target don't go over board. Not all of them are bad remember that." Demona nodded and started to tap her foot." Second I found your file." Demona's eyes went wide and she jumped for him and the files." Wait Demona I told you I would find them. Just please think about it do you really want to know everything can you not be happy with what you have now?"

Demona looked at the floor and then tackled Hunter to it. " I can be happy but I want to know why my mother was a target and I think its in there. Did you read it?" Hunter shook no and she snagged the folder and rolled to her feet and started to read:

Name: Demona Morgan
Race: Half bred

Demona took a deep breath in Half breed she was human right?
Note: quarter vampire no signs of turning. No blood lust.
She had coins made one side Black and one side white just for her kills. Demona was a Slayer. She was very young only twenty-one but her mother had been taken from her when she was only three thats when her teacher found her and took her under his wing. She was taught about vampires, demona, weres, everything but no matter how many monsters she killed the hurt never went away. Instead of trying to make her pain vanish Demona uses it to push her forward. She is one of the best in the states and in the top ten in the world. She has the highest hand to hand kills for reason to be linked with her vampire heritage. She is one of the best but is to be killed if she begins to show signs of the change.

With a deep breath Demona looked at Hunter and smiled," Nothing about my mom," She shrugged and tossed the folder into the trash can. " Come on you can fill me in on our hit on the way. I would rather not be late for our first day at work sexy." She Smacked Hunter's ass and laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The club was in the high class part of town. It was a Mansion turned into one of the most know clubs. Convoitise de sang or in English Blood lust. It was turned darker and red everywhere. It was a club for both Humans and non humans. It was very hard to get them allowed in any state but some how this place seemed to slip past the red tap and into the wide open. In Demona's opinion it was flirting with disaster. Letting a lot of drunk humans around shifters or hungry vampires. yet to this day three years later no deaths have been reported. Though people go missing everyday. Demona wanted to get into this business more than once but the higher ups never allowed it until now. She was on the hunt of a group of baby vampires. Newling just brought into the vampire life. They were on a killling spree and enjoying it from the looks of the crimes scenes. This was the best place to find the younger hipper people these days so low and behold Demona got her wish and they were being let into the club to work.

" Come on we have to go around back Demona," Hunter called and pulled her around to the back entrance. I have to go and get ready to wait tables in the back you are set up front in the large bar. I hope you can sling those drinks like you do your guns love.bonne chance la petite." Hunter Kissed her cheek and vanished. Demona rubbed her check and rolled her eyes him and his mood swings.

" You must be the new girl DEMOMA," A high voice sang out. Demona spun with her hand going to the hand gun in the back of her pants until she saw the young Blonde that bounced towards her. " I am Bambi Your boss. Its so Grand to meet you. " Demona looked at the girl and wanted to ask if she had forgoten to wear cloths or was that what the dress code was. But Bambi started off." OKay so yo look cute all tough and rawrsih," Bambi giggled and pulled at Demona's leather pants." but you read everything right? That is not what our customers wants they want more like this." Bambl Spun around in her Tiny pink bra and white mini skirt." They want to see more than a wife beater and pants but I can fix this." She exclaimed and brought out knife. Demona jumped a little but Bambi Caught her arm and smiled." stand still silly I don't want to cut one of my top girls." She started to slice holes in the pants one slice about every five inches from top to bottom on both side of both legs. and then she pulled Demona's top right off. " See your perfect Okay Over there is your bar an those two girls are your gals for the night have fun." And with that off with Bambi the bimbo.

Demona looked at her leather pants and grimaced. Seventy dollars in the hole. She better get more than a group of little brats for this. She looked up and the gals at the bar waved her over. It was time to set up and get ready for the crowd.
Back to top Go down
https://aworldbeyond.rpg-board.net
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Having a legion of cronies under your belt was never a bad thing. It meant that Liam could simply shake off his own responsibilities when he felt the whim and still get the work done by assigning it to one of his all too willing office drones. He felt that whim tonight, on a night when he found he'd grown tired with his secretary's blood. She was a cute, perky snack, but her flavor was becoming redundant, and though he enjoyed the risk of an inner-office fling, she'd lost most of the excitement.

She was one of the few that knew about what he really was, but he wasn't worried about her blabbing his secret and possibly ruining his perfect career. Though vampires were generally accepted by most, and even envied by some as humans, growing aware of their existance, had turned from unwilling meals to willing donors, Liam preferred to keep his immortality private. Being the head of a multi-million dollar corporation was imposing enough to intimidate his competition, and he wanted to keep all of his customers and business partners, which might not be as willing to do the same if they knew he was a bloodsucker.

So he stayed private, and, in truth, very few people had actually seen the face of the man that owned Tribucks Corporation. All they knew was a name, and that was how he liked it. That way his personal life wouldn't run the risk of ruining his professional life.

Still, that night when he felt the first stirrings of disinterest for his secretary, Liam carefully chose a haunt at the opposite end of the city from his office--one that was supposedly full of mixed company that would find nothing interesting about one more vampire presence. Entering the club, Liam decided to slip in, find a new meal, and have a little fun for the start of the weekend and in celebration of the deal he'd just sealed with another company.

He was a long way away from the man that had knelt in his lover's blood, heartbroken. He had transcended into the vampire that had sucked her blood a few minutes later, the vampire that had left her broken body behind and discarded the petty emotion of love. He had become the animal that he was by nature, but he had made himself polished and refined and respectable. In his mind, he was the perfect example of what a vampire should be. He wielded all of his powers--those innate and those he'd learned--and he had made the best possible life for himself.

Grinning to himself, Liam wove through the crowd and took a seat at the bar next to a lovely brunette with wavy brown hair. She was human. He could tell by her flowery, feminine scent that mixed with the darker iron-like aroma of blood. He spared her a smile as he sat next to her, and she gave him one in return as she peeked sideways at him from underneath her lashes. She was definitely a possibility.

Keeping her in mind, Liam turned to the barkeep and found option number two. She was a tall, athletic sort, but shapely with brown hair that hinted red. Like all the employees, she wasn't wearing much more than her underwear, and Liam got a generous view of the swell of the tops of her breasts.

Having discarded his suit jacket in his car, Liam reached up to loosen his tie and unbutton the top few buttons of his shirt, exposing a hint of chiseled, pale chest.

"What's good here?" he asked her, letting his blue eyes trail up and down her body once, as if he might be imagining what lurked beneath what was left of her outfit. "Drink-wise, I mean."

Liam smirked, exposing a brief glimpse of his fangs. The brunette beside him inhaled quickly in surprise, and Liam almost laughed when she, directly after, shifted her body a little more towards him. She was the pro-vampire, willing type. That was good.

Still, Liam's attention remained on the barkeep, his gaze flicking momentarily toward her exposed neck, wondering if she, perhaps, might be willing later as well, once the bar closed for the night and her shift ended. Perhaps she'd be his early morning plaything. After he was done with the eager brunette. He inhaled, tasting the barkeep's blood, surprised when it seemed a bit... off. Human, but... what else? Interesting.

He wondered if the employees were allowed to mingle. He considered asking her if she wanted to switch off with one of her comrades, take her break early, and allow him a dance. That way he'd be close enough to investigate this scent of hers in a way that would not seem so offensive, considering he'd have good reason to be close to her--hopefully with his hands on her.
Back to top Go down
firehazard
Admin
firehazard

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:27 pm

" Here ya go new gal," One of the other bar girls called to Demona before tossing her a large bottle of liqueur. Demona growled as the bottle fell short and she had to move faster than a normal human would to grab it. She snagged it right before it hit the floor. She looked up and decided to slowly stand back up and smirked," Thanks, Gem." More like germ Demona snickered in her head and walked back over. Thats when the doors first opened. Everyone kind of creature raced into the club. The music started to pump and the entire place too a deep breath and burst into life.

Demona walked over to here area and started to get drinks of the young men at the bar and a few ladies. They all were nice to her. Smiling and flirting even a few of the girls flirted. Demona rolled her eyes as the girls walked away. " Your first day right?" Demona turned around to find a very small Asian girl next to her. " Names Jade, I am one of the gals up here, Gem is a bit on the bithcy side but you did take her sister's place so I hope you can handle a bitch at work other than that the girl's flirt to get drinks so do the guys. The tips are better if you wearless and Dont go out the back alone. Other than that you should do great by the way nice snag earlier I though only the non humans could move that fast."

Demona looked at Jade and smiled." I am just human."

" Yeah I know I can smell it one you. I am werewolf. I don't bite." The girl looked up At Demona with her green wolf eyes and Grinned," Most girls freak a bit but you seem not to be bothered by this."

" Nope not at all. Its great to meet you Jade and I love the eyes," Demona said sweetly and that's when Jade hugged her and walked off. " Well thats interesting. "

Demona turned around to work the bar more and a younger man caught her attention. "What's good here?Drink-wise, I mean." and then the man flashed a fang riddened grin.
Demona felt that ping of aggression tug at her as she smiled. She wanted to kill all of them Her mother was dead because of the blood suckers. Most of the turned on someone and before the law let them be citizens like the rest of humanity they were the monsters in the dark.

Softly Demona bushed a piece of hair out of her eyes and walked towards him. She watched the girl roll with lust and move closer. Vampire fan girls now everyone scream like a little bitch for the blood suckers. " Well," Demona breathed out slowly and bent over the bar just enough to put her close to him. he could have information he was a vampire right? Or maybe that was the logic to find a way to kill him with ut being in trouble. " Bloody Marys are always good or a Virgin on the beach is good but you look to me as more of a Vodka kind of guy wny not buy some shots and find a gal to take some body shots with?" Demona Fluttered her eyes softly and licked here lips.Might as well get tipped well if you have to do this type of mess.
Back to top Go down
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 pm

As she breathed out, Liam caught that strange scent again. She was human--he could see it, smell it--but there was something else about her that continued to snag his interest even as his thoughts took a quick tumble into the gutter when she leaned across the bar to him, and he could really hear her blood humming.

Trying to decide what it was about her that was interesting to him, aside from her physical appeal, Liam listened to her list his options for a drink, lifting his brows slightly, his lips quirking in amusement. When she settled on Vodka, he was pleased with the adequacy of her suggestion. A Bloody Mary appealed to him only for the word describing Mary, and a Virgin on the Beach...well... maybe if he was talking about humans and not drinks. Liam shifted slightly, leaning in toward her.

He felt a hand slide onto his leg in response, and was mildly disappointed to find that it was the brunette beside him and not the bar tender. He ignored that for now, wondering idly if she was touching him in need or restraint, trying to keep her find away from the other mortal, though Liam thought that he was game for more than one meal tonight.

"Body shots," Liam repeated. "Are you interested?"

The brunette's free hand shot to his tie, curling around it and dragging him around so that he was forced to momentarily break connection with the bar tender.

"I am," she told him eagerly, planting her lips against his.

Liam chuckled as she eagerly tasted his lips, pawing at him even as he loosened her grip on his tie and pulled himself away. She pouted at him as he eased her back into her own seat. She was a pretty human, but she wasn't what he wanted at the moment. He was more interested in the bar tender that seemed a lot less available. He liked a challenge.

"You'll get your chance," he told her, patting her leg absently as he returned his full attention to barkeep girl.

Wooing a woman was a lot like settling a deal with another corporation. It was all about tact. Liam had a lot of tact. He hoped it made up for his apparent lack of emotion, because, when it came down to it, he was just another user. He took what he wanted, took his fill, and then he was done. Another notch on his bedpost, so to speak. Though he was more interested in this human's blood at the moment. He wondered what such a peculiar scent would taste like.

"So, what do you say?" he asked her, smirking as the brunette gave one last frustrated groan and slid away to find, he was certain she hoped, another vampire.

He tapped the counter, his hand a few inches away from hers.

"Body shots or dancing? You get a break, right? I'm a good tipper, I swear."

He smiled, though it was a twisted sight, but still somehow wickedly handsome on his boyish, youthful face. He allowed another peek of his fangs to show, still not certain as to how the bar tender felt about her vampire counterparts. Obviously not as needy as the brunette, but still she must be intrigued, right? He trailed his tongue over the point of one fang, and laughed darkly.

"Unless you'd rather get right to the point," he offered.

Though he wasn't sure that he was ready. He generally enjoyed a good game before he was rewarded. Otherwise, there was nothing to be won. It would be too easy. Like taking candy from a baby, and though sometimes the instant gratification was worth it to taste the sweet nectar of humans, he thought that the bar tender didn't seem like the type to just roll over for anyone.
Back to top Go down
firehazard
Admin
firehazard

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Demona watched the girl smash her face into the man's and pressed her lips together in amusement. Really where girls so ready to fuck the first vampire walking just to be bitten and maybe get changed. What was the high of being a vampire. So what they could live forever, thats a long time to be alone, so what if they could jump tall buildings, yeah like I would do that on a day to day base. Demona rolled her eyes and smiled as his attention rolled back to her.

" Bar tender I need two beers and a shot of love juice." Demona smiled spun around to him. " Sure that be all for you," She cooed as she poured the shot and grabe the beers." Ten bucks cutie," Demona giggled. The men grinned and leaned over the counter and grabbed her arm. His drunken breath filled Demona's face as he groaned," Why not give me a kiss." Demona Grinned and head butted him in the face. Jade raced over and growled," Get back on your side of the bar jerk." But when the man looked up and his nose was bleeding Jade started to laugh. He threw the money over the counter and grabbed the drinks. " Alright glad I got a girl that can handle herself. " Jade bounced back to her side and tossed out her drinks like a pro as she laughed about the man.

Demona Cracked her neck to the side and brushed her hair back lightly. Men.. She turned back around to Find the man still sitting there and the woman drifting away. Why would he want to sit here and flirt with a bar tendered that had to work all night when he had a nice little girl in his lap. She tossed her hand on her hip and smirked." First night I dont know when I get my first break si..." Demona thought quickly he looked to be a strong vampire older well rounded. He might have information about the vampire that had been running around making newlings. Demona tossed out a few more drinks and bent over the counter.Yet get to the point made her angry his little fangs would never touch her skin. She would rather have a bikini wax.

" First Lets get this straight okay." Demona pushed herself on her tip toes and bent over so she could whisper into his ear," One," She took a deep breath and sigh softly sensually," I don't do blood suckers so there would be no point in it for you. My blood.." She paused and titled her neck closer to him so he could breath her in," is mine. Two my names Demona and unlike the rest of the hormone liqueur filled bimbos out there I like to get to know someone before following them home." With that Demona pulled away and tossed another beer to someone else and grabbed the change.

" But if you still want to get your shot and or a drink I can do that." Demona added a smirk and spun around to find Hunter right behind her in his strapping leather pants. " Hey there stud muffin." Demona crackled and went to to a few more orders. She did not want to do it. She could not let herself get close to a blood sucker. She would rather kill them all then dance with that. Hunter laughed and pulled her around to stand in front of him. His eyes looked down into hers with just a bit of anger in them," Le petit you should be nicer to the customers. So take a break I think that guy that grabbed you got to ya. Go take a smoke break now."

Demona looked up at him with are you kidding me written all over her face. " I was being nice just stating that I was not on the dinner plate." Hunter waved Jade over." Jade le petit is being a bite snippish I think she needs a break." Jade Nodded and walked off. Fine he wanted her to go on a break fine. Demona glared at him and slid over the bar top. She knew he had over heard the vampire for the dance. he was trying to get her closer so that meant not many high ranking fem vampires where in the club tonight. She was going to have to play the bait. GREAT!

With a deep breath Demona turned to the vampire and said," Look I am sorry First night your not the first vampire to hit on me one tried to bite me while serving a drink when we first opened tonight, Just a bit on edge. Let me get you a drink on the house for my attitude," Demona felt like screaming and kicking and when she got out of here Hunter was going to get a ear full if not a boot up his ass.

" Here Body shots on the house enjoy le petit you need this arse kicker to loosen up a bit have fun." He Set the suger, the shot and the lemons on the bar next to the vampire and danced off into the crowd with his tray of shots.
Back to top Go down
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 pm

For a moment, Liam thought she was rejecting him, and a flicker of annoyance licked up his spine, as he had just sent away a confirmed plaything in favor of the bartender. However, as she turned away, Liam realized that she was simply responding to another man that had called her attention. Liam lifted his brow at said man, who was obviously a messy, careless drunk and an embarrassment to the male gender. No tact whatsoever at all.

Liam leaned back in his chair. As he suspected, the man had no self-respect, and, as the bartender started to turn away, the drunk caught her by the arm and proposed a kiss. It wasn't in Liam to be gallant and ride to the rescue. That was not what gave him the urge to rise from his chair and crack the man's head against the floor. No... He was simply annoyed with the interruption and the apparent lack of a brain on the man's behalf. He was, therefore, done watching the show.

Or he thought he was, but the second that Liam started to rise from his chair, he stopped short as the bartender headbutted the man. Liam could tell instantly that she had broken his nose, because, before the man even lifted his head again, Liam could plainly smell the liquor-drenched blood filling the air. He pursed his lips, studying the woman with new interest. He'd never seen a girl that could break a guy's nose like that. It impressed his more violent instincts.

"You don't have a break?" Liam half-feigned disappointment.

He considered calling back the manager, but stopped when the woman leaned across the bar to him, so close that he could feel the heat of her breath on his ear, could smell that strangely alluring blood at the base of her neck. He ran his tongue over the back of his teeth. Though she was apparently blowing it off, she did it in an incredibly appealing way, a way that wouldn't just let him back off like she'd asked. Maybe he would have otherwise. Maybe he would have cut his losses and picked up the brunette had she not been so damn appealing. It would probably save him face, but now he was interested in her--in her story and her blood--and he wasn't one to resist a challenge.

"That's too bad," he told her. "But probably for the best. You don't seem like my type, Demona. Though it's a pity we won't be able to find out for sure."

He rose from his seat, thinking to melt into the crowd for a bit and hope that she was put off enough by his rejection of her that she'd change her mind and come and find him, but then he saw the man that appeared by her side, and realized that perhaps he was going to lose this challenge after all. It seemed that she was already taken. Liam started to frown. Maybe he really would be left with only the brunette.

Or maybe he was becoming incredibly poor about reading people, because Demona abruptly turned back to him, so apparently ready for his company all of a sudden that Liam was slightly wary. Especially when her boyfriend dropped the shots onto the bar before him. With his brows arched high onto his forehead, Liam glanced from the shots to Demona and her fake enthusiasm.

"Hmm..." he murmured, giving her another long once over. "Perhaps I was right. Thinking now, I'd say you really aren't my type. I'm looking for something easy tonight, something willing. Let's not kid ourselves. I can tell by the look on your face you'd rather spit on me than dance with me."

He took a shot from the bar, raised it to her, and then tipped it back and downed the whole thing at once. It wasn't blood, but the burn was still nice. He smirked at her as he dropped the empty glass back to the bar.

"Maybe some other time, sweetheart."

He gave her a fang-filled grin and turned to disappear into the crowd, hoping that she would take the bait, and that this game had truly just begun.
Back to top Go down
firehazard
Admin
firehazard

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Demona let her mouth drop open. He really just left her standing there like some fool. Demona closed her mouth and gritted her teeth. Whatever. She walked over grabbed the shots and drank them. It was going to be a long night. " Demona," Hunter snickered," You need to go after him he is the oldest one i here tonight and from the looks of him he is the most likely suspect." Demona looked up at him and growled," I don't play games Hunter. I don't play with my kills either so either I get to kill him now or I am going go smoke and come back to work. "

Hunter looked down at her and Smiled," You may get to kill him if you find a reason. Now go get him Le petit." Demona looked up and him and pouted. " Its not fair I have to go and throw myself at him Hunter. Not my job."

" It is your job. Now Le petit go and get to work the sooner you get to kill something and go home. I do need o get home at some point Julie gets worried." With that Hunter walked back into the crowd. Demona sighed, she knew he was right, he was always right. She needed to go follow the creep and try to get him to be come more chatty. She bet if she let him sip on her he would talk but she would need to get a few more drinks in her and this nice little pill in her system and he would be a bit more than willing to talk. Demona giggled a new toy that just came into her groups hands. It was like a date rap drug for vampires that had no effect on the human that took it. Was new and still in a trial period but it had work before she would try it again tonight. On top of that the sooner everything was done with Hunter could get home and stay with his new wife and son. He needed to leave the front line but he wanted the rush. Sometimes family is more important.

Demona Adjusted her chest and and fluffed her hair. She needed to look needy. God. With that she walked out onto the dance floor and found the man dancing with a young red head. Demona smiled and waved her to move but the young girl flicked her off and went back to rubbing on the vampire. What was with all the undead lovers tonight... Demona took a deep breath and pursed her lips.She worked there so she had to play nice, well sort of.

The music turned into a body shaking beat and the lights flickered and went wild. It was more of a techno/rap song. It was more of a moving song like a mambo then a grinder. The girl seemed like a fish out of water like alot of girls did but Demona loved a good dance. with a spin of the hands Demona moved her body to the beat. Slowly she began to dance back and forth taking steps back an forward making a small area for herself to move. Everyone around moved slightly still trying to dance yet all the men began to watch her move. He curves roll with the rhythm. Demona Looked up at the man she wanted and smiled sensually. The little red head glared and pulled herself closer to Liam, like it would really stop Demona. Demona moved forward and slide around to stand behind the vampire and rocked her body against his and pulled him towards. Her either he was going to spin around and dance with her or he could brush her off and play with the red head his choice.
Back to top Go down
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:42 pm

The redhead had materialized in front of him the moment he'd sunk into the crowd, and Liam had willingly let her slide up against him, grinding her firm little human ass against him. It was amusing how they all swarmed in like flies to honey, eager for a taste though there was always the chance they would become stuck, trapped. He lifted a hand and carefully ran his fingers through the human's hair, drawing it back over her shoulder so that he could see her pale, freckled neck.

He smiled slowly, all thoughts of meetings, files, bills, and the like filtering out of his head as he slid into the innate, animal persona that lurked underneath his human facade. The dancing was not even half the fun. It was the feel of a human body against his--open and vulnerable--waiting to be tasted. It was the smell of blood so close that he could practically feel it pulsing against him.

Liam inhaled, and automatically looked up as he caught another scent. Well, well, well. It appeared that the bartender had decided to take the bait after all. She didn't look entirely pleased with it either. All the better. He liked it when they came fighting. Speaking of, Liam smirked as the redhead attempted to defend her territory, not knowing that his interest had already been drawn so easily away. Still, he let her remain before him, entertaining him, while he watched Demona attempt to stake a claim.

When the redhead rebuffed her attempt, Liam was amused to find Demona dancing provocatively around him until he felt her pressed up against him, her arms looping around him and drawing him back. A ripple of desire filtered through him, and Liam was glad that she had decided to pursue him. Already past done with the redhead, he easily turned around to face Demona, ignoring the human as she tried to bring him back to her.

"Ah, so you disagree. You think you are my type?"

Smirking smugly at her, Liam slid an arm around her waist and drew her close, matching her pace, and glad to see that she seemed to be more graceful, more provocative and talented and...enticing. So what was her game? She seemed like a woman with a motive, but what? He could appreciate drive, but he still had himself to consider, and considering who he was, he had a great deal to hide.

"Now that I have you here, my name's Liam, and you're a pretty good dancer for a human, Demona."

He dipped his head forward, close to her neck, breathing out slowly before inhaling, tasting her scent, wondering, agai, what it was that he was smelling. She was unique, this one.

"So what are you really?" he questioned. "You smell human, but there's something...else."
Back to top Go down
firehazard
Admin
firehazard

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:10 pm

His hands, Liam's hands went around her waist and pulled her into him. Hes was cool to touch. Vampires are dead and unless they feed like all the time they are cooler than humans. From the what Demona guessed Liam had not feed in a few hours he would not be overly hungry but he would be more vampire like an dun able to hide among the human race but not many vampires tried to hide theses days. She looked him over and decided that he was very nice looking at least she could try and deal with it.

Demona went stiff as Liam moved his face so close to her neck. She was not ready nor drunk enough to not react. Slowly she took a breath and pulled away from him and smiled," I am human. Thats what I was born and thats all I will ever be. I like being alive and warm blooded without having to steal others blood." She bit her lower lip and looked at the floor." Look I am a bit..... frightened by vampires." She looked up at his with her big blue eyes." Your the first one that I let get close to me, I mean..." She bit her lip again trying to play the nervous," I got in trouble for being a bit rude and my male friend thought I needed a break. He is into vampires. Thinks they are like so grand. So he saw you showing interest in me and told me to give you another shot. Like he said I either get great tips and walk away or i find something new in life to take a chance on." Demona rolled her eyes in her head at herself and wanted to bet herself for acting like a nervous whorish school girl.

The sickness is in you no matter how much you run. You are like them and once you taste blood you will be one of them. The sickness is in you Demona

The music slowed and the crowd got the more cozy feel to it and Demona took that as her note to pull him to a set not get closer. " Let me get some drinks Be right back." She spun around and raced for the bar. Jade bent over and smiled," You work him for a while he has got money to spare and we got the bar. If you are a sweetie toss us a few spares would ya." Jade winked at her and held a tray to her with shots, suger, and lemons. " get him girl I know you can do it. Hunter this so too." Demona looked up at Jade and realized she was in on it. She knew what was going on and why Demona was here and covering her ass.

" Thanks Jade," Demona smiled and and took out the pill from between her beast. " god you better work," She took it and then turned with a smile towards Liam. This better get him chatty. Demona thought and swayed towards him. " Okay so one I got the floor tonight apparently and since your the highest payer from what I can see." Demona slipped into the seat next to liam and slid the tray on the table. " so that means," slowly Demona pulled Liam's tie and then him towards her," you get me as long as you want. Maybe you can change my views on your kind."
Back to top Go down
leannan_rain
Admin
leannan_rain

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:57 am

Liam's brows lifted ever so slightly as Demona pulled back. He'd already established that she wasn't like the other wanna-be bloodsuckers in the club, but he was still surprised when anyone managed to resist him. Not that he had intended to bite her yet. He had just wanted a little smell, a quick little inhalation of her strangely tempting scent. He wondered if she was lying about being completely human, or if, maybe, she was one of those mortals with some sort of monster ancestory so far into her past that she didn't even know that it existed.

"I see," Liam said softly, underneath the throb of the music.

He watched her bite her lip, feigning to be shy. He didn't quite buy it. Not after the display at the bar where she'd so effortlessly stood up for herself. Though he was considerably more threatening than the man that had made a move on her at the bar. Perhaps she was a tiny bit frightened. Thinking so certainly didn't hurt his ego. He liked the power.

"Am I now?" He questioned, trailing a hand up her spine. "Surprising. I thought you had a pretty sturdy backbone here. Didn't think you were easy to intimidate."

Liam thought of her friend, the male. A big guy, perhaps imposing to mortals. Liam trailed his tongue over his fangs. Not so intimidating to him. Though he rather hated wasting his time on men. They tasted quite sour in comparison to female blood. He much preferred the opposite sex. It made everything more interesting to him.

He let her lead him to a table, sliding onto a seat as she made an excuse about getting drinks and hurried away. The human was rather sly, though he wasn't sure what it was she was being sly about. However, after living through at least a hundred years, Liam had become pretty decent at reading people. Demona seemed to be a woman of secrets. It was intriguing in its own way, but he felt that he needed to be on his toes with her. She could handle her own, despite whatever she told him.

He watched her as she returned to him, carrying two drinks, one of which she casually placed before him. Liam smirked as she mentioned his wealth. He imagined that the employees here couldn't quite imagine just how much his wealth outbid the other vampires here tonight, but that was his secret life. His life as a vampire was not something he wanted to connect to his company.

"I am? How surprising."

His lips quirked in amusement momentarily, but then Demona reached across the table, took his tie, and pulled him close. He felt a flame of desire flicker to life in the pit of his stomach, watching Demona's face carefully. Yes, he was certain he was right: there was fight in this woman. He was eager to see it. Smiling so that his fangs were exposed, Liam covered her hand with his momentarily, before loosening her grip and leaning away. He took up his glass and took a long pull before setting it back down.

"Change your mind on my kind? I'm sure I hardly feel more inclined to them than you do," Liam smirked."Fortunately for you, I'm the best of my kind. The only kind you need to know. I'm the best kind of monster."

He waved a hand around the bar. "Probably the best looking, oldest, and richest as well."

Liam snorted, taking another drink. He made a face momentarily, as if something wasn't quite right, but quickly recovered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Long Time Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Coming   A Long Time Coming Empty

Back to top Go down

A Long Time Coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A world beyond :: a place to speak your mind :: normal rp-
Jump to: